Thursday, January 13, 2011
First Steps is a unique one-on-one discipleship approach that will give you the resources and confidence needed to disciple another to love Jesus. First Steps uniquely teaches foundational Christian disciplines, and gives the average believer the confidence needed to fulfill the Great Commission.
Watch a video overview and Register On-Line today.
First Steps Discipleship Seminar
Saturday, February 12, 2011
New Hope Christian Church
206 Farley St.
Hutto, Texas 78634
Register OnLine or call (512) 914-2242
Advance Registration is $35 (includes one workbook)
Registration at the door is $50
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
In September, the America Bless God Campaign hosted "Worldview Encounter 2". It was our Second Bi-Annual Worldview Conference. Jay & Amy Seegert from Wisconsin represented Creation Ministries International. Jay spoke on the complexities of the human ear and other fascinating topics related to the Creation/Evolution debate. Jay & Amy also showed the movie, "The Voyage that Shook the World" (www.thevoyage.tv) following the conference. Jay and Amy are a part of an exciting and informative ministry, so I was equally excited to get my first copy of Creation Magazine with an Opossum dangling about the front cover.
Creation Magazine is filled with a variety of article types: cultural issues, family/marriage matters, health related items, editorials, Biblical interpretation discussions, archaeological discoveries, not to mention the biological and the geological wonders of God's amazing Creation! There is even a Creation for Kids section.
In "The Opossum's Tale", Lael Weinbeger tells how the Opossum enters the pages of history eight years after Columbus set foot on American soil. The explorer Vincente Pinzon presented a Brazilian Southern Opossum to King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella of Spain in 1500. The Spanish Monarch called the Opossum an "incredible mother". The article goes on to address how marsupials ended up where they did and the perplexities they create for evolutionists.
Here are highlights and links to a few of the other articles that I enjoyed:
- Backwards Comet Perplexes Scientists
- Trilobite Graveyard in Portugal
- Going Batty Over Evolution
- Would Darwin Be A Darwinist Today?
- The Giant's Causeway Ireland (Adobe PDF File)
You can order the magazine and see more great articles at www.creation.com
America Bless God
Sunday, November 22, 2009
America's heritage as a Grateful Nation exceeds our modern recognition of such. John Adams, the second President of the United States, had these words of wisdom for our new born nation. I urge you, as a Christian patriot, spread this proclamation to your friends. I took the liberty of making the proclamation a bit easier to follow with a bulleted format.
Proclamation of March 6, 1799 A.D.
- As no truth is more clearly taught in the Volume of Inspiration, nor any more fully demonstrated by the experience of all ages, than that a deep sense and a due acknowledgment of the governing providence of a Supreme Being and of the accountableness of men to Him as the searcher of hearts and righteous distributer of rewards and punishments are conducive equally to the happiness and rectitude of individuals and to the well-being of communities;
- as it is also most reasonable in itself that men who are made capable of social acts and relations, who owe their improvements to the social state, and who derive their enjoyments from it, should, as a society, make their acknowledgments of dependence and obligation to Him who hath endowed them with these capacities and elevated them in the scale of existence by these distinctions; …
- as it is likewise a plain dictate of duty and a strong sentiment of nature that in circumstances of great urgency and seasons of imminent danger earnest and particular supplications should be made to Him who is able to defend or to destroy; …
- as, moreover, the most precious interests of the people of the United States are still held in jeopardy by the hostile designs and insidious acts of a foreign nation, …
- as well as by the dissemination among them of those principles, subversive of the foundations of all religious, moral, and social obligations, that have produced incalculable mischief and misery in other countries; …
- and as, in fine, the observance of special seasons for public religious solemnities is happily calculated to avert the evils which we ought to deprecate and to excite to the performance of the duties which we ought to discharge by calling and fixing the attention of the people at large to the momentous truths already recited, by affording opportunity to teach and inculcate them by animating devotion and giving to it the character of a national act:
- For these reasons I have thought proper to recommend, and I do hereby recommend accordingly, that Thursday, the 25th day of April next, be observed throughout the United States of America as a day of solemn humiliation, fasting, and prayer; that the citizens on that day abstain as far as may be from their secular occupations, devote the time to the sacred duties of religion in public and in private; …
- that they call to mind our numerous offenses against the Most High God, confess them before Him with the sincerest penitence, implore His pardoning mercy, through the Great Mediator and Redeemer, for our past transgressions, and that through the grace of His Holy Spirit we may be disposed and enabled to yield a more suitable obedience to His righteous requisitions in time to come;
- that He would interpose to arrest the progress of that impiety and licentiousness in principle and practice so offensive to Himself and so ruinous to mankind;
- that He would make us deeply sensible that "righteousness exalteth a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people;"
- that He would turn us from our transgressions and turn His displeasure from us; that He would withhold us from unreasonable discontent, from disunion, faction, sedition, and insurrection; that He would preserve our country from the desolating sword;
- that He would save our cities and towns from a repetition of those awful pestilential visitations under which they have lately suffered so severely,
- and that the health of our inhabitants generally may be precious in His sight;
- that He would favor us with fruitful seasons and so bless the labors of the husbandman as that there may be food in abundance for man and beast;
- that He would prosper our commerce, manufactures, and fisheries, and give success to the people in all their lawful industry and enterprise;
- that He would smile on our colleges, academies, schools, and seminaries of learning, and make them nurseries of sound science, morals, and religion;
- that He would bless all magistrates, from the highest to the lowest, give them the true spirit of their station, make them a terror to evil doers and a praise to them that do well;
- that He would preside over the councils of the nation at this critical period, enlighten them to a just discernment of the public interest, and save them from mistake, division, and discord;
- that He would make succeed our preparations for defense and bless our armaments by land and by sea;
- that He would put an end to the effusion of human blood and the accumulation of human misery among the contending nations of the earth by disposing them to justice, to equity, to benevolence, and to peace;
- and that he would extend the blessings of knowledge, of true liberty, and of pure and undefiled religion throughout the world.
- And I do also recommend that with these acts of humiliation, penitence, and prayer fervent thanksgiving to the Author of All Good be united for the countless favors which He is still continuing to the people of the United States, and which render their condition as a nation eminently happy when compared with the lot of others.
JOHN ADAMS, Second President of the United States of America
May our attitude this Thanksgiving be as reverent as that of President Adams.
America Bless God
Monday, November 2, 2009
Brent Bullock, Minister
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Christ and Christianity are routinely dissed in our society. Why do we not stand up for His name? Why are racial slurs viewed with disdain, and there is silence when Christ is profaned? Dr. Gary Cass and the Christian Anti-Defamation Commission are not silent on such matters, nor were the Apostles of the early church.
I urge you to logon to www.christianadc.org and find out how you can help silence the defamation of Christ in America.
America Bless God
The talk of the conference was Dan Smithwick's "Preserving the Free Market" presentation. Dan gave us an overview of new curriculum that covers the history of the monetary system from a world and a U.S. perspective. There are elements of this presentation that will shake the firmest pastor. Evil is ever present in this temporal world. This new course from Nehemiah Institute will equip you to stay strong through turbulent economic times and help turn the nation back to a righteous and just economic system.
I would be honored to bring "Preserving the Free Market" to your church, small group, or city. Contact me to learn more >>
America Bless God
America is trapped in a new form of religion. Frankly, I think it is self-serving more than sacrificial. The religion of Jesus is an "other serving" religion. The religion of Jesus includes much tyme alone with the Father. The religion of Jesus is intimately familiar with the Sacred Scriptures. Jesus studied and taught from the Old Testament rather than discarding it. The religion of Jesus is evangelical, it is transformational, and it is powerful. Christianity in America has a form of godliness, but denies its power.
You can be a part of changing that. First Steps One-On-One Discipleship will equip you to disciple another believer. First Steps will give you the confidence and resources needed to help establish new or renewed believers in the fundamental disciplines that Jesus taught.
Our nation needs you desperately. Join us for an up-coming First Steps Seminar, or invite First Steps to your city!
- God's Way Baptist Church
Saturday, October 24th, 9 am - 3 pm
1101 W. 2nd St., Taylor, Texas
- Austin Baptist Association
Wednesday, November 18th, 11 am - 2 pm
3811 Harmon Ave, Austin, Texas
** Special seminar for Pastors & Ministry Leaders