Thursday, April 9, 2009

I Will Never be the Same

The title captures the words of one who attended the First Step Discipleship Seminar in Taylor on April 4th... Italic

"I will never be the same"

"I've been waiting for a format for discipling others and now I have one. PTL!"

The seminar "convicted me to get on the ball. I am complacent".

"I dreaded the role play, but it was GREAT!"

"The simulation gave me the comfort level to be able to disciple others"

The highlight for me was "actually believing that I could disciple a new believer".

These testimonies speak to the encouragement that comes from actually pursuing the Great Commission. We talk a lot about evangelism and discipleship in the church. First Steps gives you the resources, the equipping, and the plan to actually do it. The seminar deals with the common obstacles to actually carrying out the Great Commission here in the U.S.A.

TownWest Church hosted the seminar, and the First Steps approach is increasingly present in their congregation. John Byrd, a deacon at TownWest, knows first hand that First Steps makes discipleship easy.

The seminar was attended by eleven different churches. Pastors and Ministers were well represented with Education Pastor, Barry Whebee, traveling all the way from Plainview, Texas to attend the seminar. The seeds of discipleship are being sown all across Texas, and we look forward to seeing the harvest.

What are you waiting for? Northwest Fellowship in Austin, Texas is hosting a seminar on Saturday, June 13th. You may also find a seminar near you or invite First Steps to your area today!


First Steps: One on one discipleship that you carry out for Jesus!

Brent Bullock

No comments: